I am delighted to inform you that registration for the The Humanitarian Forum 2015, the Friends of MSF’s flagship annual conference, is now open!!
This is the one key date in the Friends calendar not to be missed and we hope you can all make it.
This year’s conference is taking place all day on Saturday March 21st at Imperial College, South Kensington, London.
The event provides a chance for representatives from our student supporter groups from across the country to come together and learn more about the work of MSF, as well as key issues in humanitarianism and global health. It is also an opportunity to learn new skills, with this year in particular introducing some workshops for delegates to make the event even more interactive and exciting.
Most importantly, it is a forum for the groups to network, meet MSF staff, share ideas and have fun. Plus, there is essential debrief and social afterwards taking place in a nearby pub!
Content of the day
The conference will run from 9am-5pm, followed by an after-party at a nearby pub (location to be confirmed).
The exact agenda is being finalised, but here is a flavour of what’s in store:
- Opening address from General Director of MSF UK, Vickie Hawkins
- Overview of MSF's Ebola response in West Africa from medics who have been on the frontline
- Workshops on documentary making in the field, setting up a field programme from scratch and making the best of social media
- The launch of the Missing Maps project for students
- MSF's The Right Shot vaccines campaign update
- Round-up of activities from each of the student groups
Watch this space for more details. The official agenda to be released nearer the time. Coffee and lunch will be provided.
How to register
To register please visit our online form here: http://www.msf.org.uk/…/friends-msf-conference-humanitarian…
BLSA is a Division of QMSU Registered Charity No.1147786, Company Limited by Guarantee, Company No. 8092471