DEADLINE: e-mail in by 6th of November 2015.
What is PAL?
- Student-led tutoring service offered to 1st and 2nd year students who have failed their ICAs
- Tutors (from the years above) are paired one-to-one with a failing student
- Tutoring sessions will be held every week, going over the important lectures of that week and/or what the student requests.
- We are looking for tutors who are enthusiastic, highly motivated and knowledgeable.
- Able to commit to meeting once a week with students – PAL runs from the end of FunMed to the end of year exams.
- The program will help you to consolidate own learning and gain experience in teaching others (a GMC requirement for Doctors). Tutoring experience is not essential.
You will be required to prepare a lecture (preferably not from FunMed or an anatomy lecture) from 1st/2nd year curriculum.
During the audition, you will be asked to teach one of your lectures to a "student" for around 10 minutes, while the student will ask you questions and clarify everything about the lecture.
The audition will mimic the sessions that you will actually have with your student.
- Auditions will run EVERY DAY for the next 3 WEEKS.
- Auditions will begin at 5.30pm in the Garrod.
- Timings may be adjusted depending on timetables.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, number, and preferred date.
More details will be provided for those interested – email us at email@example.com
BLSA is a Division of QMSU Registered Charity No.1147786, Company Limited by Guarantee, Company No. 8092471