APPLICATIONS FOR THE NEW RAG COMMITTEE ARE NOW OPEN!
Its that time of year when a new rag committee needs to be found! RAG has really moved forward this year - lets try and move it on even more making it more and more successful. If you'd like to get involved please email email@example.com with which position you'd like to do and why.
This year we have an exciting new change - the RAG Show Committee will be a part of the RAG committee not a separate thing meaning that they will work more closely than in previous years.
Here is the list of positions available:
Treasurer:- Keeps track of finances- Very important in charity work!
PR x2- Advertise RAG events- Social Media Representative- Shout outs in lectures etc
Events x 3- Take the lead in organising specific events including alcohol licences, venue hire etc
Permits/Secretary- Find Permits for RAGing (contacting various councils and organisations) - Take minutes at RAG meetings
Marathon Team Leader 2017/18 - Recruit runners- Organise them and encourage fundraising - Liaise with RAG committee and the runners to run large events
RAG show President, RAG show Secretary, RAG show Treasurer (secretary and treasurer will not need to be in meetings unless it’s about RAG show)
As a RAG Show committee you need to...
- Find a suitable date that doesn't clash too much across the years with exams and other events such as the careers fair, merger, BLAS, etc.
Find a venue that is actually within your price range
- Organise sound, lighting, staging, PA, the bar, security, any extras like photo booth, goodie bags, free stuff, tickets, raffle, hoodies
- Plan catwalks and find models, music and designers for them
- Organise weekly rehearsals and pre show weekend rehearsals
- Liase closely with BL Dance re dances, opening and finale
- Liase with other societies- this year we did the first ever sports does swimwear catwalk and it was a great way to get the clubs involved.
- Find Companies to Sponser/donate
- Get people to come!
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN NOW, CLOSING 2nd JUNE!
I look forward to hearing from you,
Imy de Trafford
BLSA is a Division of QMSU Registered Charity No.1147786, Company Limited by Guarantee, Company No. 8092471