I warmly invite you to the College’s forthcoming Annual Conference in Glasgow, 1-3 October 2015 and am delighted to enclose details of the full programme.
If you are considering a career in general practice, this conference provides you with the ideal opportunity to interact with GP trainees and established GPs, attend workshops about the specialty, and also visit the many posters and exhibition stands to get a feel for what's happening in general practice and how it’s developing for the future.
And what’s more, you can register for FREE!*.
To register for FREE:
1. Sign up to the RCGP Student Forum for FREE.
2. Register for your conference ticket – a 'Saturday only' ticket gets you free access from 2.30pm on Friday 2 October, enabling you to attend the final exhibition and poster session, plus the Friday afternoon plenary session as well as the full Saturday programme.
There’s plenty going on that’s relevant for medical students at the conference:
• Dedicated GP trainee and education streams featuring sessions of interest to those wanting to find out more about a GP career.
• A dedicated student session on Saturday 3 October looking at career pathways in general practice.
• Sessions on GP finances and primary care research.
• Live debates on Twitter.
• Additional networking opportunities in the evening.
• A Members’ Lounge within the exhibition area to relax and meet other students, GP trainees (known as Associates in Training), GP leaders, and RCGP staff within the hustle and bustle of the conference.
• A dedicated student ‘meet and greet’ with senior College officers on arrival at the Conference venue on Saturday morning.
Many medical schools will release you from formal study commitments for a national professional conference – so get permission, register, and book early! I look forward to meeting you in Glasgow.
Professor Amanda Howe
Vice Chair, RCGP
* Students w ho register for a FREE 'Saturday only' ticket w ill be allow ed FREE entry to the conference from 2.30pm on Friday 2 October. Alternatively you can purchase day tickets for £71 or attend the full conference for £122.
BLSA is a Division of QMSU Registered Charity No.1147786, Company Limited by Guarantee, Company No. 8092471