1. PAL is a one-to-one peer tutoring support system for students who fail their exams at medical school, running since 2011.
• At Barts and The London, organ systems-based modules are taught in 3-4 week blocks in Year 1 & 2, with in-course assessments (ICA) testing students’ knowledge at the end of the modules. Failure to pass ICAs can prevent students sitting the end-of-year examinations and predicts strong likelihood of failing the end-of-year examinations.
• PAL offers academic support to these students through weekly, one-to-one, confidential tutoring sessions led by senior medical students. The sessions are tailored towards the student’s needs and the sessions continue till the end of year exams.
2. PAL also run weekly tutorials for Year 3 students in clinical medicine, to supplement their teaching on placements while offering teaching opportunities to senior students.
3. Finally, PAL organise revision crash courses for Year 3 and Year 4 medical students before their ICAs and end of year exams.
Add the events to your Calendar through this ICAL link.