Hello and welcome to the BL Orthopaedic Society (BLOS)!
What can BLOS provide you?
- Set up by Barts medical students with a passion for orthopaedic surgery
- Lectures and tutorials from leading orthopaedic surgeons that will broaden a student's knowledge of orthopaedics including: How to become and orthopod, what the speciality involves, and the various sub-specilaiites that orthopaedics has to offer.
- Hands-on interactive workshops in our exclusive bone-saw demonstrations
- Become familiar with the work of the British Orthopaedic Trainees Assocition (BOTA)
- Develop a network between students and orthopaedic trainees/consultants that will help students to participate in audits, surgery and research.
- Opportunities to present research in any field of trauma & orthopaedics
** This year Barts is hosting the first ever London Undergraduate Orthopaedic Society (LUOS) conference**
LUOS is a newly formed association between the London-based medical schools; Barts is incredibly proud to be hosting our inaugural conference in early 2019 (in associaiton with BOTA!). Keep an eye out for tickets/abstract submissions!!
**Please note that returning members must pay subs for the 2018/19 academic year!**
MEET OUR COMMITTEE AT OUR INTRODUCTORY EVENT FT. ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON MR ANOOP PRASAD ON THURSDAY 27th SEPTEMBER
President: Matthew Barrett
VP Conference: Florence Wilkinson
VP Careers: David Bull
VP Skills: Labib Syed
Treasurer: Safwan Umar
General Secretary: Pieter Yan Eyskens
Pre-Clinical Representative: Artemis Mantzavinou
Clincial Representative: Oriol Casanova
Marketing & Design: Michal Grela
Publicity Officer: Yumna Nayab
Academia: Mir-Wais Habib