Hi, welcome to Barts and the London Running Club. We are a friendly club that encourages running and fitness throughout the medical and dental schools. We welcome anyone, regardless of your previous running experience and have events held throughout the year that are catered for all abilities.
We are three-time winners of the United Hospitals Bannister Cup. We were finalists for Most Improved Club at the BLSA Association Dinner Awards 2017 and finalists for Best Club in 2018.
Beginners & Taster Session
Beginners training session on Thursday September 27th @ 18.45. Meet at the Pavilion Café in Victoria Park.
Those interested can have one free taster session at the track. First track session of the year is 27/09/2018
• Thursdays 19:15 at Mile End Stadium (interval training)
• Parkrun every Saturday morning across London
• Sunday morning runs 9am followed by coffee *Please see the BL running Facebook page for week to week specific information*
Equipment: Running trainers.
Commitment levels required: We pride ourselves on the fact that we cater for athletes of all abilities.
Also, we welcome those committed to other sports but who are looking to improve general fitness to come along to any of our sessions.
1) We enter the BUCS competitions, both track and cross country.
2) LUCA (London Universities and Colleges Athletics) organise various fixtures that allow London Universities to compete against each other. For example:
• LUCA Cross country series on Wednesday afternoons. These are for all abilities, and we enjoy going for a drink afterwards.
• LUCA indoor track
• LUCA outdoor track.
3) We also enter into various 5km, 10km, half marathon and marathon races and trail races throughout the year. These allow members to develop and work towards their personal goals or just take part in a one off event.
• BUCS National cross country - Bicton College, University of Exeter, Saturday 2nd February 2019
• London Marathon – 28th April 2019
• Fresher’s Curry Wednesday 19th September
• Multiple Cheese and Wine evenings
• Christmas dinner in December TBC
• Various Wednesday ‘tables’ events
• Various pre-run pasta parties and post-run coffees and brunches
How to get involved
1. Join the Facebook group and get in contact with the club committee members.
2. Attend the taster session - this first session is free!
3. Purchase your subs - at the Hub (Mile End), BLSA reception (Whitechapel) or online.
4. Enjoy! Attend the training sessions and sign up for the various competitions.
President - William Stanley
Cross Country Captain - Oliver Spear
Road and Track Captain - Anton Weatherhead
Treasurer - Isobel Browne
Secretary/Publicity Officer - Bethan Harris
Social Secretaries - Rebecca Pease & Ga Kitada
Alumni Officer - Conor Murphy